From 2002 until January 2014 alpacas cavorted in the pastures of Gore Mountain Farm in North Creek, NY. Over the years there have been many visitors to the farm, some came to meet the our charming alpacas, others came to sample the wares at our gift shop. All were impressed by the calm intelligent creatures and their amazing soft and warm fleece.
We were amazed at how many wonderful people, many thousands in fact, came over the years some way more than once. It has been a terrific experience for us and a privilege to meet so many of you and of course a joy and privilege to raise and care for these serene animals.
Now, however, our life has changed and we will spend the next few years traveling, visiting our new grandson in Florida and spending time on the West Coast with my partners at Anjon Biologics. We still have our hand in the alpaca business as we co-own animals with some of the wonderful breeders we have come to know over the years. So if you are looking for your alpaca fix or that perfect gift or ultra soft alpaca bear or are interested in acquiring or breeding to some of our champion bloodstock look up:
- Julie & Vern Butler at Morning Beckons Farm in Connecticut
- Sue & Bob Evon at Sleeping Monk Farm in New Hampshire
- Pam & Mark Welty at Silver Oak Farm in Massachusetts
- Sara & Paul Hughes of Wild Apple Farm in Vermont
- Denise and Doug Caldwell of A.L.Pacas in central New York State
- Pat and Cal Coolidge of Jay Mountain Alpacas in the Adirondack Park
And if you want to buy or sell a farm (or any property in the area) look up former alpaca breeder Kelly Zanella of the Scott Varley Group of Realty USA in Saratoga NY
Thanks to one and all, may your lives be healthy, long and filled with joy.